Blame it on the Books

We have a healthy but addictive obsession with all things books.

Review

Review

Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Faltering Review By Julia Danes (Bree)



One exotic location, one sex-filled week, one secret to hide ...

Bad luck. Emma's life has been full of it lately. Abandoned by her best friend. Stranded in a foreign country without cash or a passport. She's ready to give up her dreams of an exotic adventure and head home. But when a sexy stranger offers to help how can she say no?

A challenge. Alec Hawthorne is handsome, charismatic, and used to getting what he wants. So when he spots Emma, alone and in trouble, he can't resist pursuing her. But meeting Emma threatens to undo all his carefully laid plans.

Consuming desire. Emma didn't plan on finding romance while studying abroad, but that doesn't stop her from from being seduced by Alec's intense, demanding charms. When he asks her to spend the week with him how can she refuse?

Difficult choices. Little do they know their instant attraction spells trouble. When Emma finds out the secret Alec's been keeping can she learn to trust him again? Is Alec willing to give up everything he's been working for to be with Emma?


My review
My rating: 5 stars

I was given a  free copy of this book to review for my honest opinion. This is a novella sized story about Emma and Alec. Emma is visiting a foreign land, and loses all of her information. Alec, being her knight in shinning armor, saves the day.  Emma falls hard for the mysterious Alec and I found myself sucked into their romance. I won't give away any spoilers, but be prepared to be sucked in with Danes' wonderfully written characters. The book starts off a bit slow, but don't let that stop you. I read this book in one sitting, and then found myself in tears when the end came. Can't wait for book two! I would recommend this to all romance lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment