Blame it on the Books

We have a healthy but addictive obsession with all things books.

Review

Review

Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Nemo

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme brought to you by broke and bookish. We create our own list based on the chosen topic.
This weeks Topic is... 
Top Ten Books I Almost Put Down but Didn't




An Abundance of Katherines1) An Abundance of Katherine's - John Green: I really wanted to love this book, but I read it after reading the Fault In Our Stars and that was a mistake because it doesn't compare. I think i was hoping for that romance and love and it just didn't hold up. Also the main character Colin is more arrogant than smart. With all of that plus the boooooring math it just didn't work for me. But I trekked on and I'm glad because near the end there were some funny and memorable moments.






The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August2) The Fifteen Lives of Harry August - Claire North: So I usually read Young Adult or Adult Romance, but I decided to give this one a chance. It was very slow at the beginning.. like snail pace and I almost gave up on it, but I'm so glad I didn't because about how halfway through it blew up and it's one of the best books I've ever read!








Revolution3) Revolution - Jennifer Donelly: This book's cover is pretty boring BUT the actual book is amazing. It starts out pretty slow and VERYYY depressing with our MC contemplating suicide. Then the book takes us to France but it still has no purpose and I actually did stop reading it for 2 weeks and when i went back to it i was kicking myself. It got sooo great and explosive and is now one of my favorites






Incarceron (Incarceron, #1)4) Incarceron - Catherine Fisher: My biggest issue with this book was how confusing it was. We start of with 2 different points of view and it wasn't until the end that we figure out how their both connected. After putting it down for a month I went back to it and when i got the end it was very "Jaw-dropping are you serious???' kind of ending. Definitely worth it. 



These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1)


5) These Broken Stars - Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner: The first 10 chapters of this book were insanely slow. And then it got a little better and went right back to boring. So about halfway through I got really wary but there were so many raving reviews that i decided to keep going. And it was worth it, it definitely got more interesting









Taken (Taken, #1)6) Taken by Erin Bowman: I should say that this is one of my favorite series, but about halfway through it got really hard to keep track of all the names and the conspiracies. There were also a lot of weird stuff going on. About 3 months later i tried again re-reading it from the beginning and i could understand it. 









The Moon and More7) The Moon and More - Sarah Dessen: Sarah Dessen is like the queen of young adult romance so of course I was excited to read her new book.  There was just SOO much information that was unnecessary and boring. I basically forced myself to finish and the thing was that the best part was the ending everything else was just filler. 







Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)8) Cross my Heart and Hope to Spy - Ally Carter: This book was the absolute worse in the series. It had no purpose other than she meets the guy. There was hardly any intrigue or mystery, and even though it was short I didn't like a single scene.









Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1)9) Taking Chance - Molly Mcadams:  I love Molly Mcadam, She's one of my favorite romance authors which is why i was so excited for this one and the first half was great! Then the big plot twist came and after that everything else just felt blaah and it dragged on way longer than it needed too. 









Waiting For You10) Waiting for you - Susane Colasanti: This books was in a word bland. I wanted to like it but i could see everything that was going to happen a mile away. The only thing i liked was that the protagonist worked at Claire's just like me. The only reason I bothered finishing it was because I thought there might have been a twist at the end.. there wasn't.










Well there's my very first Top Ten Tuesday and whew! Definitely harder than I thought but it was fun!

What are your Top Ten books you almost didn't finish? Also if you made a Top Ten post leave a link below!






2 comments:

  1. Too bad to hear that about the Moon and More. It's on my to-read list :/
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list, I actually love An Abundance of Katherines but I agree that Colin isn't really all that likeable and it isn't anything like The Fault in Our Stars but I unlike you kind of ended up loving Colin even though he was rather difficult and I didn't really expect romance from since I had also read Looking for Alaska which wasn't really a romance either but I loved that one too.
    I actually loved Only the Good Spy Young and although he didn't do a whole to move the plot along other than introduce Blackthorne and Zach I wasn't really upset by that because over arching plot of the series didn't really come into focus until the third book so I think this book was a good set up to the rest of the series but also gives a gradual change from the first book to third book that was needed since while reading the later books of the series it's kind of funny to remember how the first book focused on Cammie's relationship with Josh.

    ReplyDelete