Blame it on the Books

We have a healthy but addictive obsession with all things books.

Review

Review

Blog Archive

Friday, June 5, 2015

Review: Fury by Fisher Amelie

Fury (The Seven Deadly, #3)Title: Fury
Author: Fisher Amelie
Series: The Seven Deadly Sins #3
Pages: 387 
Pub Date: May 3rd, 2015
Add To Goodreads

Revenge is an euphoric thing. Trust me on this. Nothing compares to the release you get when you ruin someone’s life. When they’ve stolen important things. Things that didn’t belong to them. Things I revel in making them pay for.

What? Have I offended you? I’m not here to appeal to your delicate senses. I have no intention of placating your wishes or living within your personal belief system nor do I care if you hate me. And you will hate me. Because I’m a brutal, savage, cold-blooded murderer and I’m here for my revenge.

I’m Ethan Moonsong…And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most sacrificing man to the most feared and why I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.


My excitement for this book was above the charts, to say that Fisher Amelie is a talented author just isnt enough. She writes poetrys and dreams to come to life. I love her books so  much that this is my first attempt to write a review for one of her books, because I mostly just want to shove her books in your face and yell READ THEM.Now even though I knew i'd love it, there was just a tinge of doubt before starting this story. For anyone who read Greed, Ethan was just this Hot, Controlling, Jealous boyfriend. He was a one dimensional character we were supposed to dislike. Then there was also Finley, who confused me in Greed, I liked her upbeat attitude but that's all we really got to see of her. Well that and the fact that she had a crush on Ethan. 

I'm not sure just how much time has passed between Fury and Greed but it was  soon after since Cricket had just finished healing from her surgery and was already about town with Spencer, this just about killed Ethan which made him turn to alcohol to try and forget his heartbreak. Naturally this didnt work, it only made him angrier and everyone around him miserable, so Ethan swore to get revenge on Spencer, even if it meant killing him. 



Ethan had given up on himself, he didn't think he could live knowing that Spencer and Cricket were happy, then he runs into Finley. They grew up together and she knew just how deep his love for Cricket had gone but she also knew that Cricket was not the one for him and she was the only one who had the balls to show it to him. Finally Ethan stopped thinking about Cricket and started thinking about other options, like Finley. This is when things get good, to bad Finley has to leave for a year to volunteer in Vietnam. Why Vietnam? What kind of volunteer work is she going to do? These are questions she refused to tell Ethan. 

From the moment she leaves for Vietnam the story takes a dark turn, Finley has an awful secret that we finally find out. She had to deal with her own demons and heartbreak by herself. The rest of this story is not for the lighthearted or for anyone looking for fluff. It's a violent tough read of someone trying to make any kind of change in a desperate world. In a true Fisher Amelie fashion there's drama and heartbreaking moments that will make it impossible to put this one down. 

Overall this is a beautiful book about Redemption and how to move on in life. Can be read as a standalone



No comments:

Post a Comment