Blame it on the Books

We have a healthy but addictive obsession with all things books.

Review

Review

Blog Archive

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Blog Hop Writing Process

Follow on Bloglovin
I’m it! Thanks for tagging me, I’m it! Thanks for tagging me, Jennifer LaCross! To read more about her writing process and view her post, visit her blog http://jenniferlacross.wordpress.com

So now it’s my turn… For this blog hop, I’ll be answering 4 questions about my writing process. Then, I tag another author and she’ll do the same!
Sounds fun, right? So… here we go!
Question 1: What am I working on?
Oh, I am getting a headache just thinking about this. I am putting the finishing touches on my first NA Romance, The Last Thing. This is a special book to me because I put so much of myself inside of it. My co-blogger and I are finishing the edits on the latest Ethereal Underground novel entitled Falling. This is a companion novel about Arie and Fin. I have a few others works in process that I have put aside until I get The Last Thing out. I write monthly installments for my serial Grey Nights, and I also started book two of the Hollywood Timelines novel entitled The One Thing.
Find out more about these books at my Goodreads Author page.  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7372509.Briana_Gaitan

Question 2: How is my work different from others in its genre?

In the Hollywood Timelines series, I wanted a novel that embodied flawed characters with real actions. No more perfect relationships, no more alpha males, no more virginal good girls, no more stories with no diversity. Quinn and Chase aren't like other Romance couples. Chase is a jerk and makes huge mistakes and says horrible things to Quinn at times, but that's what makes him a male human. He is also mixed (Hispanic/Caucasian) something readers don't see often. Quinn is afraid, so freaking afraid of the world that she refuses to talk about it or think about it. I can't say much more without giving away the story. She deals with things in her own way. 



In Ethereal Underground, we came up with a concept on a whole new world. An entire society that lives underground. I had never read anything like this, but creating it was a blast. We made the rules and we decided what went. It was totally awesome! Star Crossed lovers is sort of a theme on the planet Cabalin.

Question 3: Why do I write what I do?
Why do people read? I write to get immersed into another story. I like to be in control and creative. Stories are always being created in my mind. Sometimes I hear or see something and can't rest until I get the story out. I love twists and turns and unexpected plots. There has never been another career I could enjoy more!


Question 4: How does my writing process work?
1. Have an idea (ignore laundry)
2. Write and Write.  (ignore life)
3. Let Betas tear my work apart. (catches up on laundry)
4. Write, rewrite, and cry. (catches up on TV)
5. Let Betas rave! (skips around the room)
6. Send to an editor (looks at messy house and cries)
7. Rewrite and polish (laundry piles up again)
8. Let someone read to proof it. ( Skips work because I have pulled too many all nighters)
9. Publish and Voila! (Runs around screaming 'I did it'!)
I had posted the following meme a few times on my facebook because I feel this way often while writing and I love it!



















Please follow me at Facebook and twitter
www.facebook.com/booksbybree
www.twitter.com/bookswithbree

Make sure to use the links below to follow me on twitter and like me on Facebook.
Next up… Brooke Kennedy! You can read her answers to these questions on her blog

No comments:

Post a Comment