Blame it on the Books

We have a healthy but addictive obsession with all things books.

Review

Review

Blog Archive

Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Flat-Outs (Jessica Park Street Team)

Okay, so many of you already know that I am a huge bookaholic. An addiction I'll never kick, and, to be honest, I never want to.  I was first introduced to Jessica's books about a year ago. Believe it or not, it was a random Kindle search!  I didn't even think to Facebook stalk her * cue the scary music* until earlier this year when I saw her on a Facebook Takeover. She is hilarious online! Anyway, I am on her new street team so prepared yourself for more Jessica posts. (Yes, I know I  talk about her books enough as it is.)
How Jessica's books have changed my life....
*clears throat*
Reason #1: Jessica taught me some awesome recipes. I now make snacks called Unicorn Poop and drinks called Old Fashioned. How very Mad Men meets My Little Pony.

Reason #2: Thanks to Jessica, I have a spring roll addiction.. I make them at least once a week. I firmly believe that everyone should have a spring roll at least once in your life. I'm not talking fried spring rolls that you get at the buffet. I'm talking the cold noodle kind. (Do you detect a food pattern so far? Yes, I have gained weight this past year. Do I blame Jessica? Nah.)

Reason #4: I now use the term "Britch Slap"....oops I meant "Bitch Slap" in excess.

Reason #5: I now firmly embrace my nerdy shirts (Thanks Matt!) and buy them for my husband more. (Did I ever tell you about the time I bough my husband a shirt that read, I'm big in Europe. He's a big, tall guy! He wore it for two weeks before someone told him it was referring to the male nether regions. *Face palm*)

Reason #5: Only Jessica can write a character as quirky speaking as Celeste and not have it sound odd and snobby. I spent the entire book wishing I could speak as perfectly as Celeste did.

Reason #6: To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”  (Flat-Out Celeste, Park) Yes, this quote really means something to everyone.

Reason #7: Sabin....I won't say more. 

Reason #8:  Cardboard cutouts have a new meaning. (If you are confused, guess you'll have to read Flat-Out Love)
Okay, I'm sure I could come up with a dozen more reasons, but frankly I am Unicorn pooped out after this hectic week. And.... To show you how Unicorn pooped I am, why don't you look through my Reason numbering order one more time. Yes, it's screwed up, but I'm to lazy to fix it. God, I guess I could have fixed it with the time It took me to write this explanation. Damn it!!!












Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment