Blame it on the Books

We have a healthy but addictive obsession with all things books.

Review

Review

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Loyalty and Lies by L.A. Cotton (Bella)

Follow on Bloglovin


By L.A. Cotton.


            I try to go into each book I read with an open mind, not prejudiced by other sources or prior works from the author. Blank slate so to speak. Since this is my first time reading anything by L.A. Cotton and I wasn’t sure what I should expect it was simple! My introduction to Savanah Parry was an interesting one. At once it is obvious that our heroine has some deep dark secret or another that she doesn’t want anyone to know. So of course it piqued my curiosity at once. Set in the picturesque town of Chastity Falls, Oregon, Loyalty and Lies tells a story with vivid imagery. It is easy to get lost in the book. L.A. Cotton hit the ground running with the story and to be honest, I had to put the book down on more than one occasion to gather myself and slow my own racing heart. Full of secrets, and local legends about the Donohue family Loyalty and Lies lives up to its name. Imagine the romance of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet colliding with the Hatfield’s and the McCoy’s. This more than perfectly sums up what you can expect from L.A. Cotton’s Loyalty and Lies. As a reader, I was drawn into the world of Savanah Parry and the freshmen class of Chastity Falls Academy and truth be told, at the end of Loyalty and Lies, I was sad to be leaving, but only for the moment. Be on the look out for the new installment of L.A.'s Chastity Falls series.



This will leave you PASSED OUT ON THE FLOOR


No comments:

Post a Comment