Blame it on the Books

We have a healthy but addictive obsession with all things books.

Review

Review

Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #5: The Things You Kiss Goodbye

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we talk about books we can't wait to read! This week I picked...

The Things You Kiss Goodbye
Title: Things You Kiss Goodbye

Author: Leslie Connor
Expected Publication: June 24th 2014
Pages: 368
Series: No 

Bettina Vasilis can hardly believe it when basketball star Brady Cullen asks her out, and she just about faints when her strict father actually approves of him.

But when school starts up again, Brady changes. What happened to the sweet boy she fell in love with? Then she meets a smoldering guy in his twenties, and this “cowboy” is everything Brady is not—gentle, caring, and interested in getting to know the real Bettina.

Bettina knows that breaking up with Brady would mean giving up her freedom—and that it would be inappropriate for anything to happen between her and Cowboy. Still, she can’t help that she longs for the scent of his auto shop whenever she’s anywhere else.

When tragedy strikes, Bettina must tell her family the truth—and kiss goodbye the things she thought she knew about herself and the men in her life.

Leslie Connor has written a lyrical, heartbreaking, and ultimately hopeful story about family, romance, and the immense power of love.
Why am I excited?
I'm always up for a contemporary romance, I feel we can always use more romance! Plus the plot makes the characters seem complex and full of secrets. I'm excited to read what those secrets are

What are you waiting for this wednesday? Leave a link or a comment below!

24 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds achingly sweet! I would love more romance too :) Thanks for sharing and for dropping by my WoW pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so amazing! I love Contemporary Romances, so it's perfect. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I agree we can always use a little romance and intrigue. I wonder if this 20-something Cowboy's name is Cowboy...(is it bad that I'm wondering that?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering the same thing, I hope its not! it would be tacky

      Delete
  5. I love contemporary romances at the moment so this sounds great! Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks right up my street! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds like it could be good. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been on a contemporary romance binge because FEELS and SWOONS. I'll definitely have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this sounds awesome! Love the premise and cover -- thanks for sharing! Definitely adding to my TBR

    Also, thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book doesn't look like it's for me but thanks for stopping by,

    88dreamers @ Seriesly Reading

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a really good book. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by! This sounds like a good romance id like to read =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. This cover always reminds me of Jennifer E. Smith's contemporary novels! For whatever reason. I don't read too many contemporary novels, but several of my bloggy friends are super excited about this one! I hope you read and love it :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm curious about this one, but might wait for a few reviews to come out before I decide if I'll pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like a great read... curious about the cowboy!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete