Blame it on the Books

We have a healthy but addictive obsession with all things books.

Review

Review

Blog Archive

Monday, June 16, 2014

The Trouble With Goodbye/ The Moment We began Review (Bree)

Follow on Bloglovin

One night can change everything…

Two years ago, Leigh Anne Davis shocked everyone in tiny Fairhope, Georgia when she broke up with her wealthy boyfriend to attend an Ivy League university a thousand miles away. At school, she finds a happiness and independence she’s never known.

Until one terrifying night takes it all away from her.

With no place else to go, Leigh Anne heads home to reclaim her old life. A life she worked so hard to escape. On the outside, she seems like the same girl everyone has always known. But deep inside, she’s hiding a terrible secret.

That’s when she meets Knox Warner, a troubled newcomer to Fairhope. His eyes have the same haunted look she sees every day in the mirror, and when she’s near him, the rest of the world fades away. But being with Knox would mean disappointing everyone all over again. If she wants to save what’s left of her old life, she has no choice but to say goodbye to him forever.

Only, the trouble with goodbye is that sometimes it’s about courage and sometimes it’s about fear. And sometimes you’re too broken to know the difference until it’s too late

I got this book from Amazon because it was free, and I had book two so I wanted to try and start from the beginning. I have to say, it took some time for me to get into the book. The main character starts off so depressing with little will at all, the deeper into the book I read the stronger she became.Leigh Anne is a troubled girl who moves back home with her controlling mother. Wow, if my mother was as bad as her, I don't think I could have kept my mouth shut as long as I did. She meets Knox who she has to hide her relationship with because he has a troubled past and isn't part of her parent's plan for her perfect life. In all, the book was pretty average. I didn't feel any strong connection to the characters. The writing was average, the characters were average. The story line was average. This is why my review is going to be so short. I don't have much to say because there wasn't anything horrible or extraordinary about the book. But don't stop reading my review now! Tomorrow I will post my review about the second book in the series, The moment we began, and let's just say I enjoyed that book more!

No comments:

Post a Comment